• Renters catch their house on fire trying to get rid of bedbugs

    March 13, 2012 No comments

    A home on Indianapolis’ near-east side caught fire Monday morning after two men tried to rid it of bedbugs, fire officials said.

    Firefighters were called to the home in the 900 block of Lexington Avenue about 11:30 a.m.

    The men told firefighters that they pulled three couches and two chairs into the back yard of the home and set them on fire using a lighter and a piece of newspaper.

    The occupants of the home had been renting it for three months. Damage was estimated at $15,000.

  • Comments are closed.

Click to Open Browser Player

Local Weather

XRB Radio Weekly Newsletter

Sign up to receive our weekly emails regarding local news and sports, events, and specials offers - just for our friends in Hendricks County.

 

  • Facebook
  • Twitter