January 23, 2014
It’s that time again to get signed up for the Mini Marathon training program.
According to Brent Bangel of Plainfield Parks and Recreation, the changes for the program this year:
- No binders and log sheets given out this year. Everything is going to be distributed by email and website. We did reduce the fee by $5.00 and after the first couple of weeks not many of the binders and log sheets have been used over the past years.
- For presentations IU Health West has 3 speakers as of now and we will have them speak before the group runs and walks at 2:00pm. The dates have not been set yet. These will be set by the first group run/walk.
- Shoe talk will be at Runners Forum in Avon date not determined but will be set by first group run/walk.
- The shirt this year is a nice Brooks long sleeve running shirt that in bright green and comes in men’s and women’s sizes.
- The age is reduced to everyone but if under 13 must have a parent with them.
- We will do cross training on addition days and these can be set once the class begins to see what days and times work best.
- You are able to sign up online at www.townofplainfield.com or mail in form or pay at rec center.
For more information and the mail in sign-up form, see the attached 2014 Marathon Running Brochure (PDF).