March 21, 2014
The Hendricks County Master Gardeners have announced several educational sessions during their annual “Gardening for All Ages” show to be held April 26 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds & Conference Complex in Danville, Ind. The sessions last approximately 45 minutes and are appropriate for both beginning and advanced gardeners.
- At 10:00 a.m., “Growing Together: A Child in the Garden” will be presented by Jennifer Davies of the Avon Outdoor Learning Center
- At 11:00 a.m., “Rooting Around: Plant Propagation” will be presented by Magen Eller of the Hendricks County Master Gardeners
- At 1:00 p.m., “Keeping Your Soil Healthy” will be presented by Jessica Norcross of the Hendricks County Soil and Water Conservation District
- At 2:00 p.m., “Workers for Your Garden: Bees” will be presented by Jeff Dittemore, President of the Indiana State Beekeepers Association
- At 3:00 p.m., “Great Beginnings: Starting a Veggie Garden” will be presented by Scott Campbell of the Hendricks County Master Gardeners
Gardening for All Ages is a free event featuring gardening exhibits, free seeds, speakers and advice, and, for the first 800 visitors, free trees. A tree-themed Children’s Booth will have games and other fun for tots to pre-teens. More than 45 garden-related exhibitors will offer plants, garden décor, bird-watching supplies, lawn care supplies and more. Popular booths at last year’s show featured “fairy gardens,” bluebird houses, rain barrels and Indiana honey. Meal service is available all day.
The 2014 Gardening for All Ages show is sponsored by McCarty GreenCycle, Dammann’s Lawn & Garden, Lawson & Co. Auctioneers & Real Estate, and Denney Excavating Inc.
Anyone interested in becoming a Master Gardener can learn more about the program at the Hendricks County Master Gardeners booth. For more information, visit www.hendricksgardeners.com.
About the Hendricks County Master Gardeners: The mission of the Master Gardener Program is to provide current, research-based, home horticulture information and education to the citizens of Indiana through Purdue University Cooperative Extension programs and projects. The Hendricks County Master Gardeners usually meet on the third Tuesday of each month at the Hendricks County 4H Conference Complex, 1900 E. Main Street in Danville, Ind. Meetings are open to any interested gardener. For more information, contact the extension office at (317) 745-9260 or visit www.hendricksgardeners.com.